Sound design

Today we had our first introduction to the world of sound design for film (animation). It was a very interesting and fun class and I can see how it will be very useful in the coming few months when sound becomes crucial to our story.
In essence sound design is made up of:

  • Foley 
  • music
  • dialogue 
  • sound effects.
I have already had experience using various sound creation programmes from garageband to Adobe Audition so this area of animation is of a particular interest for me as it is something that I enjoyed before even choosing Animation.

I hope to use sound in my short to tell the story that happens. In a similar way to Disney's paperman I hopefully can create a soundtrack that mimics what happens in my story with various moments of ups and downs, no dialogue at all. My skills in creating music are too great but I think if I apply a lot of time to it I can create something that does my piece justice.

Obviously there is a big chance I wont be able to create anything so i'll have to look for something that closely fits my short.