Identity: prepping the animation


O.k, so a lot of my time at the beginning of the week was taken up by research which I will blog about in the next few days. For now I will focus on my development for my animation.

After deciding on my logo and presenting it to the class I realised, as did other people in the class that my logo bears a resemblance to a some what abstract form of origami.
Using this as a starting point, I brainstormed and came up with a few Ideas. Some were more harder to realise than others especially when it would have included time consuming 3D work that would require weeks of work.
From what I had left I found one idea that I liked the most. the basis for this was:

- an abstract form being created step by step in a stop motion fashion. I had two ways of doing this, including my hands, or not including my hands. I decided that I would doing it without my hands to give it a more organic feel.

-once this was created my hands would come in and splatter this shape.

- once I splatter/squash my shape I would wipe my hand away and my logo would be left

(- For a while i thought that then I could, using my hands and my logo on the paper, crack it in half and my text would fall out like an egg and yoke. I found that this as well as everything else would be too much to fit in 10 seconds)

I then storyboarded this idea:






I then turned these storyboards in to animatics to try and get an idea of timing:




I found this quite helpful but i couldnt really understand how I wanted it all to work together timing and look wise so I decided I would create some mock-ups.
The first one was quick, just to give me an idea of what i wanted it to look like:








I then decided to do a full draft run through. I really like how this turned out and I think it further backs up my idea that doing the whole 'breaking egg' thing wont work because I think timing looks just right the way it is.







for now I'm going to continue doing a few more practice runs and experiments then I will move on to the real thing.